Sunday, August 28, 2011
There's a bug!
OK, there are probably several bugs :-) but one in particular needs fixing - PDX Bus sometimes leave the GPS on even when it is not being used. This will drain the battery pretty fast. I've sent a fix to Apple and am waiting for approval.
Here's how to make this happen:
- Go to the "Locate nearby stops" screen
- Notice how there is a little purple arrow at the top next to the battery indicator - this means the GPS is being used.
- If you quit the app at this point the arrow will stay up there as the GPS is still on.
- This will drain the battery faster than normal.
- Don't quit the app from the "Locate nearby stops" screen - go back to the main screen. A new version of PDX Bus is on the way...