Monday, July 27, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
I have submitted the next version of PDX Bus to Apple for approval. This may take several days. Meanwhile, here is a list of the changes:
This is a major upgrade, recommended for all users with the new iPhone 3.0 software. (It will work with any iPhone or iPod touch that has the new 3.0 OS).
Major new features include:
- Trip Planning! Using a new feature made available by TriMet, PDX Bus can now use the same trip planning feature that is available on their web site.
- Faster fully integrated Google maps for many screens, including trip maps, and maps of all stops for a route.
Bug fixes and minor features include:
- Increased stability and robustness.
- The large number-pad keyboard is used where possible.
- Correctly displays multiple detours per route.
- Selecting a detour will display route information for the impacted route.
- Many minor user interface improvements and fixes.
- Updated email features to work without quitting the application; allows emailing of large numbers of bookmarks.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Browsing for stops appears to be broken today. I have contacted TriMet to find out why - it appears that a particular database query that PDX Bus is using returns no data.
Also downloading the location database, which uses a similar database query also does not return any data.
I hope it gets fixed soon! This is, as far as I know, is the first time there has been an problem like this...
[UPDATE: 9:20pm Sunday - TriMet got back to me, they'll have a fix tomorrow! I'm impressed they got back to me so late on a weekend.]
[UPDATE 2: 9:20am Monday - TriMet emailed me to say it has been fixed, I confirm that the current application works now. Sweet! Nice of them to get it done so quickly.]
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Saturday, July 11, 2009
I'm testing a new version that has much faster & better integrated google maps, and Trip Planning and some other fixes (such as using the Number Keyboard for stop IDs). This will require the new iPhone 3.0 software, but will work on any of the 3 generations of iPhones and iPod touches.