Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Version 2.1 with the new icon and new arrivals page has been submitted to the iTunes store. I think this will be my last update for a while (too many updates can be a bad thing!).
Pictures of the new screens are already in the iTunes store, a little early.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
I am now doing final testing of the next version. I have added a new icon and updated the main user interface to have bigger, cleaner fonts. I also added a "shake to refresh" feature for fun!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
I've had two pieces of feedback concerning the icon... so I'll explain myself. The problem is that all of TriMet's maps, graphics, and logos are copyrighted. So, I can't really use them. The bus graphic that I chose is in the public domain.
I'm no artist, and so coming up with a new icon is actually quite hard for me, harder than new features. I am trying to think of something better... but it is hard.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I have finished implementing the next version, now I'm just testing and testing and testing. This new version has the following new features:
- The long awaited bookmark editing features. e.g. the ability to add and remove stop ids from a bookmark, rename bookmarks, and add a new bookmark from the main screen.
- Configuration options in the Settings panel of the iPhone. Options include putting the bookmarks at the top, the number of recents stops to display, and how the app works with Google Maps.
- Nighttime visibility flasher - a flashing screen that can be used at night so that drivers can see you.
- Improved formatting of detours.
- Improved stability and bug fixes.